02 December 2007

My Place For Study, Meditation, & Writing~

This is where I sit for long periods of time as I read and write articles. I read the Bible and other books. I work on my computer and write articles to be sent to others and to various Christian publications. I pray as I kneel by this window in my office here in the early morning hours. I am surrounded by my books and material to be found in the filing cabinet nearby. I feel right at home in this particular section of my home. I can shut out the rest of the world at times. But not completely for you see I observe many things from the only window in this small room I call my study’. For example, there is a beautiful tree across in the yard of a neighbor. It is radiant with its leaves in red and golden colors. Further back I see Hickory trees, Oak trees and various other kinds of trees with foliage ablaze in full color. The Bradford Pear trees nearby are so beautiful but the Japanese Maple stands out among them all with the red leaves shining in the sunlight. Much to my surprise we have experienced one of the most beautiful autumns ever in central and south Alabama! There is a certain melancholy about the fall of the year and I suppose it is in knowing that winter will soon follow when these same trees will have lost all their leaves. But our autumn has been gorgeous! You know life is compared to the various seasons of the years. Many of us are presently in the ‘autumn’ of our lives but it is not a time to be depressed knowing that God is good. It is a time of reflection. There have been many disappointments but the good memories outweigh the bad. You are as young as you feel. How you think of life greatly affects how you feel in the ‘fall’ of your life. I love the mountains. I feel closer to God when I view His creation from a lofty height. Someone has suggested that youth is compared to the valley while adulthood is the mountainside. The view becomes better as we climb higher to the top of the mountain.

“As ripe fruit is sweeter than green fruit, so is age sweeter than youth, provided the youth Were grafted into Christ. As harvest time is brighter time than seed time, so age is Brighter than youth; that is, if youth were a seed time for good; as the completion of a Work is more glorious than the beginning, so is age more glorious than youth; that is if The foundation of the works of God was laid in youth. As sailing into port is a happier Thing than the voyage so is age happier than youth; that is, when the voyage from youth Is made with Christ at the helm.”
~Pulsford, Adams & Bray Bible Commentary

No comments: